The first school at St. Teresa's was opened in 1881 by the first pastor, Rev. W.M. Wigger. It was moved to become a convent and the current school building was built in 1905. The Sisters of Charity staffed the school until 1973. A lay staff ran the school until it closed in 1982, due to declining enrollment.
On September 10, 2001, an Early Childhood Center began in the newly renovated building. It was renovated to pass State Licensing and to be suited for pre-school children. It has also been made handicap accessible for all who may use the building; adults and children alike.